Sunday 8 September 2013

UPDATE: CAROLINE MUTUKO RESPONDS ON MIKE SONKO’S ATTACKS LIVE ON AIR

 
 
 
 
 
 
Rate This


Nairobi Senator Mike Sonko has
allegedly issued a statement
regarding the morning debacle
between himself and Kiss 100′s
Caroline Mutoko.
The press statement shared by
Kenyan Press explained his reasons
for the outburst among other things.
It reads;
PRESS STATEMENT BY HON.MIKE
SONKO, SENATOR –NAIROBI COUNTY.
Following Caroline Mutoko’s horrid
sentiments in her morning show, I
would wish to state the following;
I’m a man of the people and by
abusing poor Nairobians saying that
they are coming for the handouts in
my office made me get annoyed. I
don’t like seeing people suffering so
when a person comes all the way
from Rongai or any other far place to
seek my assistance on school fees,
land problems, medical attention,
business capital etc, I always try my
best and give them bus fare and at
least something to eat that day.
There is no way a poor woman will
seek education assistance for her
daughter or son and I fail to give
her pocket money or a shopping
voucher.Not every woman is as rich
as Caroline, earning over 800K and
spending it with her family. She
annoyed me because she belittled
my people for seeking my help.
I sacrifice myself and share my salary
with my people. Regarding to “Plans
za Kesho” as she quoted I have
financed, managed and initiated
various youth projects. I want the
youth of this country to succeed; I
want them to make a name for
themselves because I understand
how hard life can be and I have
been there before. Is Caroline
paying hospital bills, maternity fees,
donating working tools, car wash
machines, water tanks etc? Is this
giving handouts?
The role of the senator is beyond
what I am doing on the ground for
Kenyans. As a senator, my role is
purely legislative but I try my best
to go an extra mile to take
leadership down to the common
Mwananchi I have always reiterated
that I won’t allow anyone to joke
around with my family.
Previously in the same show, they
discussed how Chipukeezy will
impregnate the President’s daughter
and today they discussed the same
in respect to my daughter. This
prompted me to responded not out
of anger but out of love for my
daughter just as any father would. I
appreciate the fact that he’s made
an effort to issue out a public
apology but the damage has already
been done. Very serious allegations
have been levelled against me and
I’d like to tell Ms. Mutoko that I was
cleared by the Court and if she has
any evidence she is free to present
it. With that said, I will always stand
by my people, I will help them out
whenever I can and nobody is going
to change that.

No comments:

Post a Comment